Readers who never get a chance to watch Thai TV, or who otherwise don’t have much exposure to the representation of the royal family and its works, may find this selection of “We love Thailand” images instructive. I stumbled on it from a link on the Manager website.
In another well-placed Manager link I found this selection of topical merchandise. I guess for those New Mandala readers looking to join the barricades in Bangkok one of these may do the trick. There are t-shirts, polo shirts, jackets and all the rest.
- I Love Ratchadamnoen University
- р╕ер╕╣р╕Бр╕Ир╕╡р╕Щр╕гр╕▒р╕Бр╕Кр╕▓р╕Хр╕┤ (I suppose this has to be translated as “Sino-Thai loves the nation”)
- р╕вр╕▓р╕бр╣Ар╕Эр╣Йр╕▓р╣Бр╕Ьр╣Ир╕Щр╕Фр╕┤р╕Щ (“Guard the land”)
- р╕нр╕Щр╕▓р╕Др╕Хр╕Вр╕нр╕Зр╕Кр╕▓р╕Хр╕┤р╕нр╕вр╕╣р╣Ир╕Чр╕╡р╣Ир╣Ар╕гр╕▓р╕Чр╕╕р╕Бр╕Др╕Щ (“The future of the nation rests with each of us”)
- р╕Юр╣Ир╕нр╕лр╕ер╕зр╕Зр╕Вр╕нр╕Зр╣Бр╕Ьр╣Ир╕Щр╕Фр╕┤р╕Щ (“The royal father of the land”)
The overarching message is not a new one: “We will fight for the king” (р╣Ар╕гр╕▓р╕Ир╕░р╕кр╕╣р╣Йр╣Ар╕Юр╕╖р╣Ир╕нр╣Гр╕Щр╕лр╕ер╕зр╕З). All proceeds (what they call “donations”) go to the “Guard the Land Foundation”.